Operation & Maintenance (O&M) is one of the most critical ways to ensure that the solar power system gives the best possible generation. At Biipower, we work to maintain the plant infrastructure and equipment, to provide the continuous monitoring and inspection with the goal of improving the equipment’s life by preventing excess depreciation and impairment. This enables the plant to produce the maximum amount of energy throughout its operational life, perfectly aligning the interests of developers, clients and the investors.
Run Safety Right from Start
- General Checks
- Specific Checks - Module
- - Inverter
- - Cabling Connector
- - Transformer
- - Protection from External Elements
- - Remote Monitoring
- There is no roof clogging or water pooling, and drainage is adequate.
- Roof penetrations (if any) are watertight.
- There is no ground erosion at the base of the ground mount system.
- Electrical enclosures are only accessible to authorised personnel.
- No corrosion on the outside of enclosures and the racking system.
- There should be no debris in the inverter pad area or elsewhere.
- No loose hanging wires in the array.
- There should be no signs of animal infestation under the array.
- Modules need the most preventive maintenance.
- Cleaning is carried out in fortnightly basis.
- Cleaning of modules is done keeping TDS (Total Dissolved Solids), which needs to be below 250 parts per million (ppm), in mind.
- Good quality brushes without hard bristles need to be used for cleaning to prevent L damaging the glass surface of modules.
- Technicians are presently trying to develop automated cleaning systems.
- Post wash, the modules are wiped dry to ensure no stains remain.
- Servicing is carried out on basis as opposed to the recommended period maintenance as there is more dust in Malaysia.
- Ensure there is no gap between the male and female connector pipes, thus eliminating any chance of accidental fire.
- Parameters, such as operating temperature, oil temperature, winding temperature and oil level are monitored daily.
- The transformer must be thoroughly cleaned every six months.
- An IR test and yearly cable check is conducted to study transformer performance.
Protection from External Elements
- To ensure smooth working of the plant, it needs to be sealed properly from the environment.
- The solar power plant needs to be supervised to detect breakdowns and optimize its operation.